MARK D. EDWARDS, RG
Principal Geologist / Geophysicist
Master of Science, 1995, Geohydrology, Illinois State University (Geophysics M.S. Thesis)
Bachelor of Science, 1990, Geology, Oregon State University
Registered Geologist, RG 52449, Arizona
OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Health and Safety Training (40-hour with 8-Hour Annual Refreshers)
MSHA Part 48 Safety Certification (24-Hour with 8-Hour Annual Refreshers)
American Red Cross CPR and First Aid Training
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Mr. Mark Edwards has extensive national and international experience in geophysical and geologic evaluations, geologic resource evaluations, hydrogeologic evaluations, geologic and geophysical site characterization, environmental remediation, and subsurface utility engineering (SUE). He has 27 years of experience in conducting geologic, geophysical, and geotechnical design evaluations for such projects as groundwater exploration and basin studies, schools, medical centers, convention centers, treatment plants, pipelines, power generating facilities and substations, transportation corridors, resorts, bridges, dams and spillways, mine haul roads, mine facilities including ball mill and flotation plants, commercial and residential developments, and landfills. Specific geophysical project experience includes:
- City of Peoria North Community Park (Arizona): Principal Geophysicist: designated test locations and conducted several on site geophysical surveys using hybrid controlled source audio magnetotellurics / magnetotellurics (CSAMT/MT) profiles and MASW seismic at the proposed new 400+ acre sport complex and recreational park site to be located within the Flood Control District of Maricopa County's New River Dam flood retention basin. Evaluated potential water production well sites for irrigation and lake features. Detection of depth to groundwater, bedrock, and fault zones at depths 500 to 800+ feet below ground surface. Supervised numerous MASW seismic surveys to evaluate shear wave velocity versus depth at planned construction excavation locations. Provided production well siting recommendations.
- Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District (EVMWD, Warm Springs Basin, Lake Elsinore, California: Principal Geophysicist: designated test locations in Lake Elsinore, California and conducted several on site geophysical surveys using gravity to evaluate the Warm Springs Basin structure and potential water production well sites. Detection of alluvium, formational sediments, and bedrock to 500+ feet below ground surface. Provided a summary report with findings.
- Valley Metro Light Rail 50th Street Station Project: Geophysical Survey Evaluation, Phoenix, Arizona:Principal Geophysicist: Performed geophysical evaluations to assess the presence and depth to subsurface bedrock n Phoenix, Arizona. Tasks included the review of background information provided by Valley Metro and their geotechnical consultants, including site plans and historical data; site reconnaissance included field mapping of surface structures; field data acquisition of MASW seismic roll-along surveys along existing light rail guideways, compilation and analysis of the geophysical field data; and preparation of a report presenting our findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Space Launch Complex 6 (SLC-6), Vandenberg AFB, California:Performed ground penetrating radar (GPR) surveys for sub-slab soil voids at the emergency egress area located adjacent to the launch complex. Void detection mapped with GPS and marked in field for remediation construction project to be conducted by others
- F-35 Lightning II Fighter Program, New Hangars 2, 3, and 4, Luke AFB, Arizona:Principal Geophysicist: Designated test locations over 14 acres+ and conducted several on site geophysical surveys at the project sites to evaluate presence of buried utilities and several buried abandoned concrete foundation obstructions remaining in the ground following previous facility demolition. Supervised data collection tasks, data analysis, and reporting of survey results, including full size AutoCAD map sheets of utility and foundation locations, and utility type data.
Association of Engineering Geologists (AEG)
American Public Works Association (APWA)
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)